We're growing and we’re searching for a motivated individual or individuals to help expand our outreach and development programs. This position is for someone interested in learning all the aspects of marketing, networking, fundraising and outreach for a non-profit organization, including representing Project Interfaith and its mission and values.
The internship will involve various tasks including:
Assisting in planning fundraising, posting events and announcements to websites, developing programming, grant writing & research, event planning and work with other interns and volunteers. You may be asked to contact donors, write letters and newsletter updates, support volunteers and help with office maintenance.
This position requires someone who:
- has a passion for interfaith issues and work
- is highly motivated, self-directed, organized and has good initiative
- asks questions when needs direction
- is pro-active and not shy
- is a good writer & has good communication skills
- has strong organizational skills, flexibility, creativity, and confidence
- is able to communicate with a diverse community
- is knowledgeable & comfortable with PC Operating systems
- has a passion for and experience with media, social change, and a dynamic, growing office environment
- has impeccable attention to detail
- has web-based research experience
Grant-writing experience is not required, but may be helpful.
Students interested in nonprofit fundraising, event planning, outreach and independent media are encouraged to apply. Professionals who are looking for more experience in this field or are interested in a career change also are welcome to apply.
Sound interesting? Send via email or snail mail a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Project Interfaith Development and Communications Director
PO Box 6037
Omaha, NE 68106
Just in case you didn't already know this- Project Interfaith is a non-profit organization dedicated to growing understanding, respect and relationships among people of all faiths, beliefs and cultures.
For more information about who we are and what we do, visit our website: www.projectinterfaithusa.org.